ITS Carlo Margottini
The frigate ITS Carlo Margottini is the third ship of the Bergamini Class, part of the French-Italian program FREMM (European Multi Mission Frigates), the second Italian antisubmarine version. The ship
was launched on June 29th, 2013 at the Riva Trigoso (GE) shipyard. The ship was moved to the Fincantieri shipyard in Muggiano (SP) to be completed and delivered to the Italian Navy on February 27th 2014. The ships classification number is F592. ITS Margottini represents a new generation of frigates capable of being employed in various operational scenarios with different tasks. The weapon system and sensors on-board make the ship capable of undertaking several different missions:
– The constabulary role: counter-terrorism, prevention of illegal trafficking, irregular immigration control;
– Protection of naval groups, maritime security and defense of the national interests;
– Humanitarian assistance in case of Natural disasters;
– Sea Control, protection of Sea lines of Communication (SLOCs) and Maritime Interdiction Operations (MIO).
ESPS Meteoro (P41) is the first of four ships of the BAM (Buque de Acción Marítima) offshore patrol vessels. It was designed and built in Navantia, Spain, and commissioned into the Spanish Navy in 2009.
– It has a displacement of 2,670 tonnes, is 93.9 meters long , the top speed is 20.5 knots and has capacity for a helicopter.
– ESPS Meteoro last took part in EU Naval Force Somalia Operation Atalanta in 2015.